RE: xPLHal update posted

  • Subject: RE: xPLHal update posted
  • From: Graham Howe
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 20:27:00 +0000

Forgive me if I am being controversial here (it wouldn't be the first
time) but we are talking about some cutting edge technology here. The
future of windows operating systems is NT based, it has been for some
time, why on earth should we consider 98 or any other legacy crap in
developing this stuff. I personally had to take what for me was a
serious step backwards with HomeAutomator because I went with Access as
the database rather than SQL server which is my DB of choice. I did this
only because SQL server was not likely to be available for others, but
here we are talking about the operating systems that are already 2 years
old and are on all new pc's, unless you try really hard to avoid them.
Can I please ask that all developers provide the optimum solutions based
upon the latest operating systems, you should be developing for the
future not for the past!