Re: [ADVERT] Request for xPL Beta Testers

  • Subject: Re: [ADVERT] Request for xPL Beta Testers
  • From: John B
  • Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 19:09:00 +0000

> > You might want to give the xPLHal Manager a try from another PC:
a lot of
> > development has gone into it, and it's getting pretty slick. :)
>
> By this do you mean configuring xPL apps on another machine, or just
> accessing the xPLHal I have running from another machine. If the
former
> I'll kick a few xPL apps on another machine and try to configure them
> tonight.

xPLHal Manager is just a graphical Windows-based front-end to the xPLHal
server.
You can run it on any machine that can access the xPLHal server (and
ovbiously
you can install it on the same PC that's running xPLHal if you want)

The Web front-end is a cut-down version of what can be done in the xPLHal
Manager - it's really intended for situations where you only have
browser-based
access, e.g. to access xPLHal over the Internet, or from a non-Windows PC
etc.

Regards,

John