Re: PIC Development was Re: xPL apps + projects

  • Subject: Re: PIC Development was Re: xPL apps + projects
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 20:53:00 +0000

Hi Ian

>not really: the eeprom space lets it down..

Bugger !! I take it the pic needs to be able to store all the configurable
parameters here...??..Maybe a serial eeprom required as well....

>There are two schemas that will allow a pretty fast >proliferation
of
>devices: control.basic and sensor.basic. sensor.basic >is published
already,
>control.basic is almost there.

I ssen mention of the control.basic but couldnt locate it....that explains
why...

> There is a remote.basic schema, which uses decoded IR >device=
command=
>pairs. My plan is to evolve this one into a general >decoded IR
schema,
>specifying "protocol= device= button=" and a raw schema,
>handling the raw IR
>message as a series of bitstreams.

>the end result could be pretty darn awesome. :)

Very interesting !!!

>Now for Business: What's the best way of getting a
>"wishlist" of hardware
>kit? when we have a list, I can happily throw a poll up >on the site
and get
>some votes in to get a sense of priority.

I think the best move would be to request it from the main list and also
call
for more hardware people to get involved...When the wishlist is prioritised
and
projects are started i feel people (myself) will see it through..The point
im
really trying to make is this...
Between the 2 protocols that have been developed only (as far as i am
aware) 2
pieces of hardware has been developed..Ian Birds relay controller and Kevin
Hawkins xAP / C_Bus interface ...
Also no point in developing hardware if people are not going to support

Frank