PIC Development was Re: xPL apps + projects

  • Subject: PIC Development was Re: xPL apps + projects
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Sun, 05 Oct 2003 13:15:00 +0000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Mc Alinden" <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=KZYJ2H1WwWbnzhh00W-2Xlf4WBA50-H4TdGXuDODSIYWcQ2jogWsohkRQEWX9ApIHY12FOVrTZaezpNLfksA">fmcalind@b...</a>>

> Well im using the 16F876 at the moment so that should be ok...Is the
16F628 not suitable for xPL
> stuff...??

not really: the eeprom space lets it down..

> What programmer did you have in mind ??

tbh, I was looking at an Epic, just because it's supported natively in
Microcode Studio.

>I use a Warp13a and just recently purchased a Flashlab 877.... not used
it
as yet ..Keith may be able to >comment on the Flashlab 877 as he uses
it...If your going to be without a programmer for a while i can >load
you a
Dontonics parallel port programmer to get you out of trouble...let me
know...

I'll bear that in mind.. I may be able to get an Epic with adapters going
free, if that doesn't come to pass, I'll be in touch ;)

> My thoughts are that as a group we should debate which hardware stuff
is
needed.

Fundamentally, I agree. It's just a question of getting a response about
what people want.

There are two schemas that will allow a pretty fast proliferation of
devices: control.basic and sensor.basic. sensor.basic is published already,
control.basic is almost there.

>Obviously we all have different wants and needs but if we make a list
of
devices and prioritise them >each hardware person can be given a project
work on and hopefully we all get what we need...I just >think we need to
somehow coorinate the whole thing and maybe we can have some finished xpl
>hardware ....

It's a fine idea, certainly Steve has some 1-wire expertise, we have some
IR
skills, and Keith is the video king ;) I'm sure we could come up with some
pretty cool stuff.

> Im interested in the "Universal receiver" how far have you
got with that
?? I didnt notice any schema,s >for ir this is one project i would be
interested in...Have toyed with it using PBP and was able to decode
>Sony 12
bit and Nec Format.....

I'll mail you offlist about this one Frank, as I think the idea I have
hasn't actually been done commercially yet ;)

There is a remote.basic schema, which uses decoded IR device= command=
pairs. My plan is to evolve this one into a general decoded IR schema,
specifying "protocol= device= button=" and a raw schema, handling
the raw IR
message as a series of bitstreams.

the end result could be pretty darn awesome. :)

Now for Business: What's the best way of getting a "wishlist" of
hardware
kit? when we have a list, I can happily throw a poll up on the site and get
some votes in to get a sense of priority.

Ian.