RE: Re: xPLHal Win 98 problems, does this help?

  • Subject: RE: Re: xPLHal Win 98 problems, does this help?
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 05:26:00 +0000

> Now I have fixed mine by recompiling the ocx and clock file directly
> on to the Fuji. So my guess is that the ocx isn't registering properly
> or there is sometime of incompatibilty between the ocx and the app.

If you delete any copy of the xpl.ocx from the windows folder (or any sub
folder) this should force the application to use the xpl ocx that came with
the application.

Rather embarrisingly the 'setup distro' has the wrong version of the xpl
ocx...

So alternatively, uninstall the old install and download and install the
updated one from <a href="http://www.xplhal.com/xpl/xPLInstall.zip";>http://www.xplhal.com/xpl/xPLInstall.zip</a>

OR download just the ocx from <a href="http://www.xplhal.com/xpl/xPL_OCX.zip";>http://www.xplhal.com/xpl/xPL_OCX.zip</a>
and
replace any occurrence of the file in any of the windows folders.

If the above links don't work they are available at

Apologies for this, I totally forgot to update the install package.

Regards
Tony