Re: Meteor Caller ID

  • Subject: Re: Meteor Caller ID
  • From: John B
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:14:00 +0000

Hi Neil,

Can't help with the XQL side of things... but I can give you some info on
getting xPLHal and the Meteor up and running... then I'm sure Tony will
jump in
with some advice on the database side of things:

First of all, go into Control Panel -> Admin tools -> Services.
You should see xPLHal and xPL Meteor listed.
Stop the xPL Meteor service (if it's running) for the moment, as we'll come
that shortly.
Make sure the xPLHal service is running.

Open the xPLHal Manager (Start -> Programs -> xPL -> xPLHal
Manager).
Expand the node "xPL Devices" and click on "Awaiting
Configuration".
You should see "xpl-xplhal.xxxxx1" listed in the right-hand
window, where xxxx
is your computer name.
Double-click on xpl-xplhal.xxxxx1 to bring up it's configuration dialog.
Select "newconf" from the list of configurable items on the left,
and enter a
value that you can use to identify xPLHal - you may just want to remove the
"1"
from the end of the value that's already there.
Click OK.

If you click back on "xPL Devices", you should see xPLHal listed
with the new
name that you've assigned to it.

Back in Control Panel, start the xPL Meteor service.

In xPLHal Manager, if you click on "Awaiting Configuration", you
should now see
the meteor listed as "johnb-meteor.xxxxx1", again where xxxxx is
your computer
name.
Double-click to open the configuration dialog.
Select newconf and enter a suitable name for the Meteor.
Select "comport" and enter the number of the serial port that the
Meteor is
connected to, e.g. 1, 2, 3 etc.
Click OK.

At this point, if the Meteor was connected to your PC, you should see it's
red
LED illuminate.

Let us know how you get on, and we'll show you how to start doing some
useful
things with the Meteor :-)

Regards,

John