RE: Linux Development Request

  • Subject: RE: Linux Development Request
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Sun, 25 May 2003 11:34:00 +0000

> The reason is that for diskless nodes, that can boot from any
> os (linux/windows etc) the best layout appears to be
> A) initial linux boot delivered via tftp
> B) ram disk based file system delivered via tfpt
> C) /usr as a read-only nfs mount, shared
> D) /xpl as a read-write nfs mount, one per node

YES!
I'm one very happy little bunny ;-)

I now have a full redhat linux distro booting on a diskless mobo (128mb
ram)
over the network from a Windows XP PC...
And it's completely silent as there is no hdd and no fans

The only issue is that the ramdisk image holds the ip address of the nfs
server, and I need to do this remotely from the xp pc, so the ramdisk image
can be used by anyone regardless of their ip addresses...

Any pxe/tftp guru's out there?

Anyway, I'm off to lunch, will try and sort this when I get back.

Regards
Tony