RE: xPL Projects

  • Subject: RE: xPL Projects
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 07:54:00 +0000

> A while back we discussed having a list of Projects
> listed that people were working on..it would be nice to know
> before starting a new project what other people are doing so
> we dont duplicate things ..

Was thinking of having a section for this on the new website I'm building,
along with a wants list

> Also i think nows the time to
> think about (the hardware people anyway) starting projects
> and having them ready for nexts years UKHA MEET...

Good point, it's never too soon to think about this.

>It would be
> nice to have a stand with lots of xPL enabled hardware +
> software present.....

I agree fully. We had some on display at this years meet, but 'lots' would
be even better.
I'm even considering a standalone version of xPLHal, along the lines of
homevision, but tcpip biased
Though this is probably more of a pipe dream at the moment :-(

> At the moment im working on the OSD
> thingy but i also have a 1 wire hub that i got a while back
> and was thinking it would be good to put Pic on it and xpl
> enable it so some other device could request the status of
> devices on each port of the hub...I havnt even put the hub
> together yet but as i understand it you can put temp sensors
> and id buttons on each port...so each port would become a
> ZONE ...........any thoughts !!

I don't know anything about 1-wire, though am very interested.
I'm sure someone can advise.

Regards
Tony