xAP vs XPL (was Re: UKHA2003 Developments...)

  • Subject: xAP vs XPL (was Re: UKHA2003 Developments...)
  • From: Patrick Lidstone
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:15:00 +0000

> We didn't split off and write xPL because we thought xAP was
perfect for our
> needs, and fancied some twisted challenge. We developed xPL because
we feel
> that xAP is fundamentally broken, and that xPL is a much closer fit
to the
> original vision that grew from the needs of the ukha community.

XPL is a *subset* of xAP (it is based on xAP v.1). Anything that can
be done in XPL can be done in xAP, simply by using the appropriate
subset, with the addition of a small amount of policy.

Instead of groundlessly persisting in driving a wedge between the two
communities, why not just pool resources & co-exist happily
together?

Patrick