Re: New XPL Hub

  • Subject: Re: New XPL Hub
  • From: John B
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 06:53:00 +0000

> Works a treat on XP John: it's going to save some hassles having to
run up
> the hub, but instead just *know* that a hub is available all the
time...

Indeed - this is exactly my reasoning for writing it as a service.
Nice to know it works on XP as well as Win2k.

> Now for some experimenting to see what other apps we can turn into
> background automatic services, rather than foreground "someone
logged in"
> apps.

Basically - anything!

> What do you reckon Tony, John, CM12 app?

As far as I am aware, it's virtually impossible to write a service in VB6,
so it'd have to be another .NET app.

I'll add it to my "to do" list, but at the moment I'm busy
working on my
RedRat3 XPL service :-)

If I get chance, I'll download the existing CM12 app today and start having
a look at the code.

I have an (almost) complete .NET assembly containing common XPL routines,
so once that's complete it should make it very quick and easy to write an
XPL
app
in .NET (or even to add XPL support to an existing one).

Regards,

John