Re: Email

  • Subject: Re: Email
  • From: Frank Mc Alinden
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 00:17:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT size="2">Hi Ian</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size="2">Good Stuff ....Excuse my
ignorance but does this mean a xPL enabled device eg&nbsp; an I/O
module could in theory send an email via the pc ??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size="2">Frank</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="ian@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:ian@xxxxxxx";>Ian
Lowe</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title="ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx";>ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Monday, March 10, 2003 11:07
AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> RE: [ukha_xpl] Email</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>Here at project xPL, we aim to please.
:)Here's an SMTP Sender xPL Application, built around Tony's framework
(andtherefore supporting a Hub and xPLHal sraight out of the box.To get
this running, you may need to copy the smtpsck2.ocx file to yourWindows
system folder, and type:regsvr32 smtpsck2.ocx in a command prompt (or in
Start>Run )There's a new Schema, SMTP.BASIC, and it works *really*
easily:send a Directed Command Message to the Application (it defaults
toWMUTE-SMTP.SENDER )with the following structure:10/03/03
00:06:08xpl-cmnd{hop=1source=wmute-sender.keplertarget=wmute-smtp.sender}SMTP.BASIC{TOEMAIL=ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx=ian@xxxxxxx=This
Message was Sent from xPLBODY=See the following email from me for an
exaplanationFROMNAME=Ian's xPL Gateway}and that generated the message which
should (hopefully) have arrived fromme..</TT><TT>To unsubscribe
from this group, send an email
to:ukha_xpl-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</TT><TT>Your use of Yahoo!
Groups is subj
ect to the <A href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</A>.</TT> </BLOCKQUOTE>