RE: Email

  • Subject: RE: Email
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 00:07:00 +0000

Here at project xPL, we aim to please. :)

Here's an SMTP Sender xPL Application, built around Tony's framework (and
therefore supporting a Hub and xPLHal sraight out of the box.

To get this running, you may need to copy the smtpsck2.ocx file to your
Windows system folder, and type:

regsvr32 smtpsck2.ocx in a command prompt (or in Start>Run )

There's a new Schema, SMTP.BASIC, and it works *really* easily:

send a Directed Command Message to the Application (it defaults to
WMUTE-SMTP.SENDER )

with the following structure:

10/03/03 00:06:08

xpl-cmnd
{
hop=1
source=wmute-sender.kepler
target=wmute-smtp.sender
}
SMTP.BASIC
{
<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=FDDYIxmZtMLzk2Bi1Gb3ADbYwLouMAImX3J_5zXteRdsTcTrC7inFJDQuux4j7EDm03idvPTGaXdbJTzy58Q52X6iJ6Igt0">TOEMAIL=ukha_xpl@xxxxxxx</a>
<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=__I5iNSoDpZ47MGWqbGPzMRUXndjlKYH1TqwBpY7aevzP-L06h1UXHvqprqpSq_deV0Ysm-B_6_k1sPZx9XZQbvfmPn2M1vCWQ">FROMMAIL=ian@w...</a>
SUBJECT=This Message was Sent from xPL
BODY=See the following email from me for an exaplanation
FROMNAME=Ian's xPL Gateway
}

and that generated the message which should (hopefully) have arrived from
me..