RE: RioPlay xPL Query

  • Subject: RE: RioPlay xPL Query
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 14:09:00 +0000

> If I power the unit up, then select a ShoutCast station it works fine.
>
> When I subsequently select another ShoutCast station and
> press enter on the unit or remote, nothing happens (no xPL
> messages and the unit continues playing the existing station)
> - unless I issue a "Clear" first.
>
> I don't think there's anything peculiar about my setup????

Ok, the problem here is that 'manual' control (via rio front panel or
remote) is as it was prior to xpl mods.
Other than changes to the 'about' menu and splash screen I havent tried to
modify the non-xpl stuff.
(other than fixes for it hanging on forward/back at end/start of track
queue)

When I fix the status=shoutcast issue, I'll look at getting the menu/remote
to do a clear.

Remember that using the font panel/remote control could cause problems if
you have a lot of tracks, since the xpl stuff works in such a way that
there
are no limits on the number of tracks, but if use the panel/remote with a
lot of tracks it could run out of memory (more so, now that some memory is
used by xpl).

Regards
Tony