Re: OSD SCHEMA - COLOUR

  • Subject: Re: OSD SCHEMA - COLOUR
  • From: Ian Lowe
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 17:28:00 +0000

I think this is the way forward John :)

> We could use our hierarchical schemas to our advantage here:
>
> We could define the osd.basic type, as suggested by Ian, with no
colour
support, for all the devices that don't support any colour at all.

> We could then define osd.colour, which derives from osd.basic, but
adds
support for colour, e.g. using the suggestions by Kieth.

> Device-specific features could then be put in their own schema that
derives from osd.colour, e.g. if there are features specific to Tivo, they
can be put into the osd.tivo schema, which would contain all the
functionality of the osd.colour schema, in addition to the Tivo-specific
elements.

> Devices that do not support colour could derive their specific schema
from
osd.basic, rather than osd.colour.