RE: Thanks and questions

  • Subject: RE: Thanks and questions
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 17:29:00 +0000

> Now some questions...while testing on my laptop (win98)I had
> hub,hal,clock,monitor,tts all loaded but hal didnt seem to
> pick up the applications all of the time. I am not sure but
> could this be related to the fact that the laptop had no
> network connection for some of the time? Alternatively does
> the order of loading the apps make any difference? I unloaded
> and reloaded a few of the apps and made a dial up connection
> to the net after which everything burst into life.....any thoughts?

I had some issues with winsock under win98, but I think these are sorted.
The app order doesn't matter, but if the hub launches after some of the
other app's
It may be at least 5 minutes before things come to life (the heartbeat
interval)?

Also having no network while they are running could well effect them.
Havent
tried this.
Do you have the loopback adapter installed, this should solve any problems
in this area.

> Question two relates to the Meteor app, it works fine for
> incoming calls but doesnt seem to pick up any keys pressed
> during calls or any outgoing calls. I tested it using a dect
> phone although I dont think that should make a difference. I
> am pretty certain my Meteor is NOT one of the early ones
> which couldn't monitor outgoing calls. Any thoughts on why or
> is this functionality not live yet?

If you watch the meteor app lower window, and take the phone off hook, you
should see a message
Of call type outbound displayed. As you press keys you should see the
digits
being sent as well.
If this isnt happening, I should think it's a hardware problem.
I could never get my meteor to work on my multi-port board, but then when I
changed the server it wouldn't work on any port at all. I had to send it to
crucible for a repair. However, as yours is working for incoming it's
probably not that.
Are you sure its not an early unit?

I have had issues with dect phones, my standard base unit won't function
with it, but my answer phone base unit does. Don't understand why this is
though.

Regards
Tony