Thanks and questions

  • Subject: Thanks and questions
  • From: Mick Furlong
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:34:00 +0000

Tony

just a quick note to say thank you for all the work you are puting in on
xPL
and the rioplay.

I downloaded some of your apps and now have
xplhal,xplmeteor,xplclock,xplcm12 etc buzzing away like gooduns on various
PCs on my network. So my thanks for an excellent set of tools!

I even managed to make some minor changes to scripts in xplhal which amazed
me considering I havent done any scripting or programming for years.

Now some questions...while testing on my laptop (win98)I had
hub,hal,clock,monitor,tts all loaded but hal didnt seem to pick up the
applications all of the time. I am not sure but could this be related to
the
fact that the laptop had no network connection for some of the time?
Alternatively does the order of loading the apps make any difference? I
unloaded and reloaded a few of the apps and made a dial up connection to
the
net after which everything burst into life.....any thoughts?

Question two relates to the Meteor app, it works fine for incoming calls
but
doesnt seem to pick up any keys pressed during calls or any outgoing calls.
I tested it using a dect phone although I dont think that should make a
difference. I am pretty certain my Meteor is NOT one of the early ones
which
couldn't monitor outgoing calls. Any thoughts on why or is this
functionality not live yet?

Regards
Mick