RE: SUCCESS was Rioplay and xPL

  • Subject: RE: SUCCESS was Rioplay and xPL
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 06:04:00 +0000

> iirc the .arf file is just a tarball... so you'd just tar up the
> whole set of files/dirs then rename the file to receiver.arf

Thanks Andy, I'll give it a try.

> I'd like to get a copy of this tho... what code was it based on?
> rrr or rioplay or some other...?

It's based on Rioplay.

> I think I've said before that the only real problem with them
> is their stability and lack of some of the original functions....

Found a couple of minor problems with Rioplay so far.
E.g. if using skip/back on tracks and you skip/back past the first/last
queued track it hangs up.
I'll be looking to fix this, and will pass the details to Dave.

I prefer Rioplay to the original software, especially the native shoutcast
support.

Let me know what functions are missing, and I'll look at adding them back.
I'm starting to get the hang of this now :-)

My biggest worry is that I'll use up too much memory and reduce the number
of tracks it can query.
I've only recently started re-ripping my cd's, so don't have enough tracks
to test this.

I need to investigate what query options can be sent to jreceiver.
Since control via xpl means the track, album or artist names we are looking
for are already known,
I should be able to just query the range I need. This will mean the limits
will not apply.
Anyone know of any documentation for the queries supported by jrec?

Many thanks
Tony