RE: Rioplay and xPL

  • Subject: RE: Rioplay and xPL
  • From: Tony T
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 11:10:00 +0000

> Hit a brick wall.

Ok, it's more of a soft curtain by the look of it.

Have almost managed to get the cross compiler running under cygwin, but not
quite.
Having real problems finding the right versions of tools that will work
with
it.

So plan B,
Now I know what I'm doing (I think!) I'll grab a spare pc from the office
Monday, and try the whole process again on a true linux box (sometime
during
the week).
From what I've found so far, this should be a lot easier to get the cross
compiler running on.

Question is what version of linux to use and where to get it from?
I was tempted by Suse 7.3, but their ftp server is dog slow.
Now trying to download iso's from redhat, but it's not much better.
(are these ftp problems deliberate to dissuade me from downloading? Or am I
being unfair?)

Can anyone suggest a good choice/location where I might be able to download
linux from (preferbly iso images), please?

Many thanks
Tony