RE: Re: Vendor ID request

  • Subject: RE: Re: Vendor ID request
  • From: UKHA
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:45:00 +0000

Tony,

the only thing I thing would be nice/good to add is - certainly for a STAT
message
though keeping the names of the device/button press would be good for
displays.

DeviceCode=<code of currently stored ir command>
KeyCode =<manufacturer key code>

If the KeyCode was present then the DeviceCode would represent the
manufacturers
device code

e.g.

A device that stores learned IR would use

DeviceCode=21

to 'play back' the IR stored in location 21 (for example Homevision)

A device that reproduced IR commands (like an All-for One remote type
device)

DeviceCode=10
KeyCode=232

in the above DeviceCode is 10 which is assigned to Hitachi, and the KeyCode
is
for the power button

Hope this makes sense,

Andy