RE: Re: Vendor ID request

  • Subject: RE: Re: Vendor ID request
  • From: Keith Doxey
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 22:15:00 +0000

Hi Tony,

I just visited the xapautomation website and had to register although I'm
sure I registered for something in the past. Once I was logged in I
searched
for Vendor ID's just to make sure and couldnt find anything. I also couldnt
find anything about registering an ID on the xAP mailing list either.

I vaugely remember something about it in the past but as I said, I got lost
in xAP and didnt have the time to follow it.

From what I have seen of xPL so far, it already addresses what I considered
to be the most confusing part of xAP. That of targetting messages.

For instance, if I have a KAT5 receiver or Keypad and either an IR command
or a key is pressed I want a message sent with ZoneID=xx ZoneSrc=yy and for
the switcher to respond to that and let the person in Zone XX view source
YY.

xAP seemed to get bogged down in chucking loads of information out without
anything specifically recieving it.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv