Re: RFC xplOccupancy

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:08:17 +1000, Frank Mc Alinden
<fmcalind@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Stuart
>             Have been thinking recently about  Access / Occupancy and
> couple of  ideas i has was making a xPL Card reader  or an xPL RFID
> Reader......Was also thinking of making a pir probe for my probe
system
> as
> its a zoned system and use a specific probe input .....
> Frank

I can see that the number of different tokens could rapidly increase, how
have other people gotten around this? I can see that keeping the schema up
to date would be a nightmare in these circumstances. The token is
important though, as it tells the receiving app how to handle the ID, ie
if the token is bluetooth, it needs to treat the ID as a bluetooth MAC
address, or whatever they're called, but if the token were ibutton it'd be
an ibutton serial number ...

How have others got around this problem? Could occupancy.basic be the base
(and useless) schema, with each different token having it's own schema?
occupancy.bluetooth, occupancy.rfid etc?

--
-S