RE: NEW arf file was xPL Rioplay now available

  • Subject: RE: NEW arf file was xPL Rioplay now available
  • From: UKHA
  • Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 22:40:00 +0000

Tony,

>I assume youre doing the same thing?
>(i.e. not unpacking the file or anything, as winzip cannot extract the
file
>succesfully)

Yes , that's what I'm doing, dl'inh the.arf and putting it in the server
software dir ... not using winzip at all.

>Is there any kind of date on the units to indicate month of
manufacture, as
>this is looking like a possible firmware issue?
>
>The file you downloaded was just called receiver.arf?

Yes.

>Are you using any form of download utility that could be damaging the
file?

No just right click, save as

>I'm stumped.
>
>If your rio wasn't manufactured around the same time as mine, I'll have
>try and get my hands on a similar model.

I'll check, hang on...

There's a little sticker on the bottom with a Canadian flag and the number
2432
10805A
no sign of a date or Firmware version

>My units get their ip via dynamic dhcp, is this the same for you, or
are
>you allocating a fixed ip?

IP's are being provided by the server software...

HTH

Andy