RE: Multiple sound cards with TTS

  • Subject: RE: Multiple sound cards with TTS
  • From: Tony Tofts
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:05:00 +0000

> I'm wanting to put multiple sound cards into one of my servers.
> I know I can use multiple Winamps, configured with different
> output devices, but is there any way to tell the Microsoft
> TTS engine which sound card to use?
>
> Ideally I'd like two instances of Tony's TTS app running: One
> for each sound card.

Hi John,

The output device can be specified thru tts, though not thru my app at the
moment.

I see 2 approaches to this,

An optional extension to the tts schema which allows an audio device to be
specified (so 1 x app, multi soundcards)

Or, a config item that allows a specific instance to be dedicated to a
specific soundcard

Thoughts/comments?

Thanks
Tony