Re: XPL CM12 Service

  • Subject: Re: XPL CM12 Service
  • From: John
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 14:24:00 +0000

> Hi guys,
>
> I can help with the COM port stuff in .net. I found a useful little
> library of C# code that provides asynch control of the COM ports. I
> use it in my .net wrapper for my Meteor.

That would be really great - thanks.
I have a few more ideas to try out this evening on getting the CM11a.ocx
working, but if they all fail, direct communication with the CM12 is the
only way forward.

> I too intend having a look at the CM12 via serial access for my own
> education but just haven't been able to find the time.

It's quite straight-forward - I've done it before in VB6 using the
MSCOMM32 component.
It's just that using the Homeseer ActiveX makes it so much easier :-)

Regards,

John