Re: XPL CM12 Service

  • Subject: Re: XPL CM12 Service
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 18:31:00 +0000

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003 12:17:29 +0100, "Tony T" <<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=lWLNSbbrXtXK7w8rgQX6zqqBJXW7w0CYnjW9zY0MU-MkX4Yc9mLNpbiUYmVSfqBYixaCs1U">tony@x...</a>>
wrote:

>> I can help with the COM port stuff in .net. I found a useful
>> little library of C# code that provides asynch control of the
>> COM ports. I use it in my .net wrapper for my Meteor.
>>

>Thanks Stuart, that would be great.

Get the source code for it here:

I found it after a bit of Googling when I hit this exact same problem
about a year ago. I haven't actually gone looking to see if the .net
Framework v1.1 contains a Serial communications wrapper. The above
source uses P/Invoke to access the Win32 API.

It's written in C# and works very well for me as far as I can tell. I
wrapped it up in an assembly library of its own. I don't think I've
left any excess debugging code in it.

It supports asynch callbacks. if you need any sample code shout out
and I'll see what I can extract from my Meteor interfacing code.

Hope it helps.

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/ukha_xpl/post?postID=HWf5FpNbaErcceTnEmxrV1cZceIHjupai7HVQcjI0L0JHdlTXXhBe-caaiEWHAkPzLMf1Ek-Na9JFLDdSEwdVR2I">stuart@x...</a>