Re: Newbie project xfx framework

Hi John,

Welcome to xAP - glad you're finding the HAH project useful.

I'm not an xFX framework user or indeed anything .net   so I'll
have to leave that to someone else to respond on.

xAPFlash will of course run in a PC browser , maybe you use it
there already and there  is also a xAP realtime (AJAX) web interface
called xAP Floorplan if that helps at all although it's not ASP based.
You can however kick off scripts based on message arrival and construct
your own xAP messages though.

ISTR that Michaels might have some form of DB logger for xAP.

James' website   http://www.mi4.biz  where you will find xAP
Floorplan
Michael's website http://www.mcssprinklers.com/xapXap.htm

Cheers Kevin

On 11/11/2012 14:48, prior_j@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am looking at creating some kind of web interface (asp.net vb.net)
for my XAP network. I use a HAH created by Derek Kennedy and Brett England
outstanding bit of kit for the money, to interface with the home automation
hub I use XAPFlash which was developed by Kevin Hawkins who I believe
frequents this forum and gives a real professional look to the system.

> I want to be able to create a web page that can show XAP statuses and
send XAP messages. To do this I am looking at the xfx framework and think I
will need a service which will write to a database and store messages that
the page can then use to show current statuses. I could also use the
database to create an out bound message queue, so the web page would have
to write a record to a queue table and the service would pick up the
records and send them out.

> I am looking for some advice on if this is the best solution to the
project, and if so some example of the framework sending and receiving
messages to get me started.