Newbie project xfx framework

Hi All

I am looking at creating some kind of web interface (asp.net vb.net) for my
XAP network. I use a HAH created by Derek Kennedy and Brett England
outstanding bit of kit for the money, to interface with the home automation
hub I use XAPFlash which was developed by Kevin Hawkins who I believe
frequents this forum and gives a real professional look to the system.

I want to be able to create a web page that can show XAP statuses and send
XAP messages. To do this I am looking at the xfx framework and think I will
need a service which will write to a database and store messages that the
page can then use to show current statuses. I could also use the database
to create an out bound message queue, so the web page would have to write a
record to a queue table and the service would pick up the records and send
them out.

I am looking for some advice on if this is the best solution to the
project, and if so some example of the framework sending and receiving
messages to get me started.

I mainly write asp.net and vb.net web applications but any help is greatly
appreciated

Many Thanks
John