Re: Re: Proposal / RFC: Change xAP wire format

--0016e648bd62af934d04a77795d1

Thanks for the + vote Daniel!
Backwards compatibility of the wireformat could be maintained by using a
bridge - in the same way we interoperate with XPL. Perhaps even incorporate
the bridge (configurable) into a xAP-2 hub to make things really easy for
end users? That would allow plenty of time for existing apps to migrate...
What additional capabilities would you like to see in the 'upper' xAP
layer?

P.

On 7 July 2011 10:33, Daniel Berenguer <dberenguer@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Patrick.
>
> I find your proposal simply great. IMO, complying with JSON could
boost xAP
> for new developments. JSON is becoming a de-facto standard for M2M
> applications via IP. The problem is that there is no sub-standard on
top of
> JSON for these kind of applications so developers end by creating
their own
> proprietary layers. xAP may be a perfect complement for JSON.
>
> I also agree in that doing such transformation could jeopardize the
> existing applications. However, I'm convinced that xAP needs a
definitive
> boost with new applications and projects coming into the picture.
>
> I definitely vote for a xAP-2 version based on JSON.
>
> On the other hand, I still think that we need a flexible/powerful
schema
> for M2M applications. xAP BSC, even with some proprietary additions
lacks
> some important features.
>
> --
> Daniel Berenguer
> http://www.usapiens.com
> http://www.opnode.org
> http://panstamp.blogspot.com

Escape to the country! Our characterful cottage in Cornwall is available
for
holidays and short breaks. www.bakecottage.co.uk
*
*

--0016e648bd62af934d04a77795d1

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 10px 0;
padding: 0 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp hr {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}

#ygrp-mkp #hd {
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: 700;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp #ads {
margin-bottom: 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad {
padding: 0 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad p {
margin: 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad a {
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

Thanks for the + vote Daniel!<div>Backwards compatibility of the
wireformat=
could be maintained by using a bridge - in the same way we interoperate wi=
th XPL. Perhaps even incorporate the bridge (configurable) into a xAP-2
hub=
to make things really easy for end users? That would allow plenty of time =
for existing apps to migrate...</div>

&#39;upper&#=
39; xAP
class=3D"gmai=
l_quote">On 7 July 2011 10:33, Daniel Berenguer <span
dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a hr=
ef=3D"mailto:dberenguer@xxxxxxx";>dberenguer@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;</span=
> wrote:<br>

.8ex;border-left:1p=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">Hi Patrick.<br>
I find your proposal simply great. IMO, complying with JSON could boost
xAP=
for new developments. JSON is becoming a de-facto standard for M2M applica=
tions via IP. The problem is that there is no sub-standard on top of JSON
f=
or these kind of applications so developers end by creating their own
propr=
ietary layers. xAP may be a perfect complement for JSON.<br>

I also agree in that doing such transformation could jeopardize the
existin=
g applications. However, I&#39;m convinced that xAP needs a definitive
boos=
t with new applications and projects coming into the picture.<br>
I definitely vote for a xAP-2 version based on JSON.<br>
On the other hand, I still think that we need a flexible/powerful schema
fo=
r M2M applications. xAP BSC, even with some proprietary additions lacks
som=
e important features.<br>
--<br>
Daniel Berenguer<br>