Re: Proposal / RFC: Change xAP wire format

  • Subject: Re: Proposal / RFC: Change xAP wire format
  • From: "Daniel Berenguer" <dberenguer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 09:33:20 -0000

Hi Patrick.

I find your proposal simply great. IMO, complying with JSON could boost xAP
for new developments. JSON is becoming a de-facto standard for M2M
applications via IP. The problem is that there is no sub-standard on top of
JSON for these kind of applications so developers end by creating their own
proprietary layers. xAP may be a perfect complement for JSON.

I also agree in that doing such transformation could jeopardize the
existing applications. However, I'm convinced that xAP needs a definitive
boost with new applications and projects coming into the picture.

I definitely vote for a xAP-2 version based on JSON.

On the other hand, I still think that we need a flexible/powerful schema
for M2M applications. xAP BSC, even with some proprietary additions lacks
some important features.

--
Daniel Berenguer
http://www.usapiens.com