Sending xAP messages for sensor value change

  • Subject: Sending xAP messages for sensor value change
  • From: "grumby89" <grumby89@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 23:58:24 -0000

I am working on xAPifying my alarm panel. I get notifications from it
when individual sensor states change, but I also get full zone reports (208
zones), as well as area and keypad status events.

Currently when I get a full zone status report I have to break it down into
2 xAP messages because they get too big. (zones 1 - 104 in one message, the
rest in the second)

I have been studying this, and I'm wondering if I should be sending one
sensor status message for each sensor, rather than all of them combined
into one message.

What are your opinions on this? I'm leaning towards sending zone status
messages for each zone. If it's a single zone state change send one zone
state message. If it's a full zone status report, send 208 messages with
current sensor status.

Just wondered what the experts think

Matt