Re: Sending xAP messages for sensor value change

--90e6ba53ae8a49862b0491da116f

My 2c: given that your house/alarm layout is relatively static, I'd group
the zones into meaningful groups e.g. west wing, east wing, outhouses etc.
and then send each group as a separate message. I think you may well also
find that it simplifies the software side of things to generate an
independent message for each zone trigger event.
You can adopt this approach irrespective of the underlying schema - it
should work just as well with BSC or a custom alarm schema.
HTH
Patrick

On 5 October 2010 00:58, grumby89 <grumby89@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am working on xAPifying my alarm panel. I get notifications from it
when
> individual sensor states change, but I also get full zone reports (208
> zones), as well as area and keypad status events.
>
> Currently when I get a full zone status report I have to break it down
into
> 2 xAP messages because they get too big. (zones 1 - 104 in one
message, the
> rest in the second)
>
> I have been studying this, and I'm wondering if I should be sending
one
> sensor status message for each sensor, rather than all of them
combined into
> one message.
>
> What are your opinions on this? I'm leaning towards sending zone
status
> messages for each zone. If it's a single zone state change send one
zone
> state message. If it's a full zone status report, send 208 messages
with
> current sensor status.
>
> Just wondered what the experts think
>
> Matt

--90e6ba53ae8a49862b0491da116f

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 10px 0;
padding: 0 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp hr {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}

#ygrp-mkp #hd {
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: 700;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp #ads {
margin-bottom: 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad {
padding: 0 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad p {
margin: 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad a {
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->
</head>

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

My 2c: given that your house/alarm layout is relatively static, I&#39;d
gro=
up the zones into meaningful groups e.g. west wing, east wing, outhouses
et=
c. and then send each group as a separate message. I think you may well
als=
o find that it simplifies the software side of things to generate an
indepe=
ndent message for each zone trigger event.<div>

You can adopt this approach irrespective of the underlying schema - it
shou=
ld work just as well with BSC or a custom alarm
class=3D"gmail_quote">On 5 October 2010 00:58=
, grumby89 <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:grumby89@xxxxxxx";>grum=

.8ex;border-left:1p=
x #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex;">I am working on xAPifying my alarm
panel. I=
get notifications from it when individual sensor states change, but I also=
get full zone reports (208 zones), as well as area and keypad status event=
s.<br>

Currently when I get a full zone status report I have to break it down
into=
2 xAP messages because they get too big. (zones 1 - 104 in one message, th=
e rest in the second)<br>
I have been studying this, and I&#39;m wondering if I should be sending
one=
sensor status message for each sensor, rather than all of them combined in=
to one message.<br>
What are your opinions on this? I&#39;m leaning towards sending zone
status=
messages for each zone. If it&#39;s a single zone state change send one
zo=
ne state message. If it&#39;s a full zone status report, send 208
messages =
with current sensor status.<br>

Just wondered what the experts think<br>
Matt<br>