Re: Addressing vs Commands

Also, different schema have different capabilities here.  You will
find
that xAP BSC (Basic Status and Control) and similar derivatives are very
accommodating within a 'plug and play' type scenario. This is because
they send status summaries as well as immediate events on change.  They
also inform you of all their embedded endpoints both by name and their
capabilities.    This information is presented periodically (.info), on
change (.event)  and on demand (.query) which I think is more what
you're after,  as it offers a basic device discovery for configuration.