Re: Re: Moving to TSC?

I did take a look at including TSC in my xAP gateway (although there
wasn't a real need for it).  In the end I couldn't practically support
it all and some aspects I found confusing so I backed it out.  I think
it's important that TSC is an 'all or nothing' implementation as
otherwise it won't achieve seamless interoperability.

On 29/03/2010 13:29, Daniel Berenguer wrote:
> This is something that we can't postpone IMO. Although I had expected
a higher interest on this subject, I agree with Lehane in that someone
should take the first step and try to implement TSC into a controller. This
would give us a better idea about the strengths and weakness of TSC in
embedded devices and maybe will inspire other developers as well.

> In a few weeks, Kevin H and me are going to work on a TSC
implementation for opn-mbs. This will give us the opportunity to take a
more practical glance at the issue. We'll come back then with new questions
so we'll be able to start a debate in a proper way.

Berenguer"<dberenguer@...>  wrote:

>> I support Lehane's proposal about re-working TSC. I think that,
with some minor changes, TSC could become pretty usable, even for embedded
devices with current BSC support.

(g8kmh)"<g8kmh@>  wrote:

>>> Kevin,
>>> I think xAPBSC and TSC can only co-exist in some simpler
devices - my
>>> current (only) implementation is for the TOM10 where (a) the
code is C#
>>> .NET and so space isn't an issue and (b) the xAPBSC
implementation
>>> hasn't changed from a previous version. Where the complexity
of TSC is
>>> required then xAPBSC may be a subset, typically I'd expect for
>>> status/reporting purposes rather than control, although gross
control
>>> (on/off) could be either.
>>>
>>> Given the status of TSC and the low number of adopters maybe
we should
>>> look at some revisions or even deprecation of some elements in
order to
>>> help adoption?

extra parameters

commonality - maybe
reservations about the
model to

BSC and TSC

multiple schemas
dynamic way.
embedded

addressed in a

Kevin T<kevin@>  wrote:

> [...]
replacement for BSC. I am

handing analog

within BSC was always a

been alongside

xap-temperature. There is no
they can co-exist,

(g8kmh)<g8kmh@>  wrote:

> [...]
adoption is there

Hammering out the

xAP adoption to a

Floorplan (James has

applications/mappers over time

and Egg.

to migrate to xAP TSC
considering doing the
wanted to do a first try
how data was being pushed
had to coexist most of
units at the end of the
parsing on other BSC
to know which kind of
This is what I call the
temperature controller can understand the
little programming on the

specify the type of data
to xAP BSC would make

about the type of data