Re: xapax.ocx

--0016e6407f5250ba1b0480549983

Hi Barry,
I'm a bit ashamed to say I haven't embraced Win7 yet, having made The
Switch
shortly before it came out. Things are in a bit of turmoil here, and I
can't
say for sure where the original source is, but I will have a dig - if I can
find it, I'm happy to share it.
If you do find out how to register the ocx successfully in the mean time,
do
let me know, and I'll add the details to the web page.
Glad you've found the ocx useful!
Cheers
Patrick

On 24 February 2010 00:59, barrygordon <barry@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I do a lot of my work in vb6 and have always used xapax.ocx which as
far as
> I can tell is a 32 bit program.  I am running Windows 7 64 bit and I
have
> tried to register it (xapax.ocx) with the 64 bit version of
regsvr32.exe
> which is located in windows\system32 and with the 32 bit version of
> regsvr32.exe which should be the one stored in windows\syswow64.  I
can not
> get it to register. I get a dll register failed with a 0x80040200
error code

> Is there a way to get this ocx to register, or do I have to figure out
how
> to use xap without the nice easy to use activex control?
>
> Is the xapax.ocx source available, I could not find it on Patrick
Lidstones
> site
>
> Any help will be really appreciated!!

--0016e6407f5250ba1b0480549983

<head>

<!--

/* start of attachment style */
.ygrp-photo-title{
clear: both;
font-size: smaller;
height: 15px;
overflow: hidden;
text-align: center;
width: 75px;
}
div.ygrp-photo{
background-position: center;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
background-color: white;
border: 1px solid black;
height: 62px;
width: 62px;
}

div.photo-title=20
a,
div.photo-title a:active,
div.photo-title a:hover,
div.photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration: none;=20
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row {
clear: both;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div {
float: left;
/* margin: 2px;*/
}

p {
clear: both;
padding: 15px 0 3px 0;
overflow: hidden;
}

div.ygrp-file {
width: 30px;
valign: middle;
}
div.attach-table div.attach-row div div a {
text-decoration: none;
}

div.attach-table div.attach-row div div span {
font-weight: normal;
}

div.ygrp-file-title {
font-weight: bold;
}
/* end of attachment style */
-->
</head>
<head>
<!--
#ygrp-mkp {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
font-family: Arial;
margin: 10px 0;
padding: 0 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp hr {
border: 1px solid #d8d8d8;
}

#ygrp-mkp #hd {
color: #628c2a;
font-size: 85%;
font-weight: 700;
line-height: 122%;
margin: 10px 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp #ads {
margin-bottom: 10px;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad {
padding: 0 0;
}

#ygrp-mkp .ad a {
color: #0000ff;
text-decoration: none;
}
-->

<!-- **begin egp html banner** -->

<!-- **end egp html banner** -->

Hi Barry,<br>I&#39;m a bit ashamed to say I haven&#39;t
embraced Win7 yet, =
having made The Switch shortly before it came out. Things are in a bit of
t=
urmoil here, and I can&#39;t say for sure where the original source is,
but=
I will have a dig - if I can find it, I&#39;m happy to share
it.<br>
If you do find out how to register the ocx successfully in the mean time,
d=
o let me know, and I&#39;ll add the details to the web
page.<br>Glad you&#3=
9;ve found the ocx
class=3D"gmail_=
quote">
On 24 February 2010 00:59, barrygordon <span
dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mai=
lto:barry@xxxxxxx">barry@xxxxxxx</a>&gt;</span>
wrote:<br><=
blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px
solid rgb(204, 2=
04, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
I do a lot of my work in vb6 and have always used xapax.ocx which as far
as=
I can tell is a 32 bit program. =A0I am running Windows 7 64 bit and I hav=
e tried to register it (xapax.ocx) with the 64 bit version of regsvr32.exe
=
which is located in windows\system32 and with the 32 bit version of
regsvr3=
2.exe which should be the one stored in windows\syswow64. =A0I can not get
=
it to register. I get a dll register failed with a 0x80040200 error
code<br=

Is there a way to get this ocx to register, or do I have to figure out how
=
to use xap without the nice easy to use activex control?<br>
Is the xapax.ocx source available, I could not find it on Patrick
Lidstones=
site<br>
Any help will be really appreciated!!<br>