Re: TSC.cmd / id

  • Subject: Re: TSC.cmd / id
  • From: "g8kmh" <g8kmh@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 07:42:08 -0000

Kevin,
I'll also take a look  and see if it is an error/omission!

Lehane

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>
wrote:

> Hi Per,
>
>     I have spent some time today reading through the TSC specification
> and I too have some questions about it's implementation - bear with me
> whilst I progress this...  I haven't forgotten.
>
>     Kevin
>
> Per wrote:
> > Kevin,
> >
> > No worries, we all have real life stuff to handle :)
> >
> > Regarding the UID and subaddress; I would expect the UID to
extend to the subaddress; how elese do you address it with the UID in the
TSC.cmd block?

<yahoogroupskh@> wrote:

> >> Hi Per,
> >>
> >>     Haven't forgotten - just away from home a bit - and very
busy -
> >> should get some feedback on those TSC messages to you
shortly -
> >> hopefully some others will too ...
> >>
> >>     I understand about the pin better now - as I assume the
'output' and
> >> the internal sensor might present different values they will
have to be
> >> two different endpoints, one an input and one an output  -
maybe as a
> >> hierarchical sub addresses
> >>
> >>        :output1.pin   and  :output1.sense
> >>
> >>     The xAP spec places some restrictions on the logical
address , I
> >> don't believe this extends to the sub address portion however
- maybe
> >> Patrick can confirm ?
> >>
> >> "As a consequence of the fact that the logical name
uniquely identifies

added internal sensor used in most ICs. See Figure 11 in http://datasheets.maxim-ic.com/en/ds/DS2406.pdf

I didn't get that right.