Re: More homeseer level issues.

I hadn't used HS for a while but have downloaded and installed it and
I'm seeing the same Ian.  The xAPBSC.cmd issued by HS is slightly off in
its level  it seems ...   I wonder if its something to do with HS being
X10 based and X10 supporting just 16 levels (or is it 32) . Perhaps the
'level' that is sent is recovered from an internal variable only storing
16 levels or something.   I'll have to defer to James..

I have also been playing with Michaels (mcs) new .Net plugin for HS2.  I
tried it with that and it correctly sends 50%  (as a % not as 50/100 but
that is not important - both are valid).   I have a couple of other
issues with this plugin however so I cant recommend you use it just
yet   You might get accurate and more dependable functionality from his
VB6 plugin though , although I'm sure James will be able to fix this
issue fairly easy too - as it's so reproducable.

Ian Davidson wrote:
> Hi Kevin
>
> Yes the status column on the status page within homeseer.
>
> Using the pull down box on the same page to set a level to say 50% for
> an X10 device the status column says 50%. If I do the same for an XAP
> device it says 52% and the Xap message generated (cmd) also contains
the
> 52%. I had got devices set up with a level "out of 65535".
Just in case
> this was an issue I deleted all the devices and re-detected the Xap
> devices and re-assigned new devices numbers with the level set for
"out
> of 100". The error is still the same.
>
> The error is still there even when I disable my event messages.
>
> This is the xAPBSC.cmd message sent from homeseer when I used the pull
> down box and selected 50%.
>
> xap-header
> {
>     v=12
>     hop=1
>     uid=FF411100
>     class=xAPBSC.cmd
>     source=mi4.homeseer.sbs-server.Master
>     target=gforce9.test.study:Virtual.1
> }
> output.state.1
> {
>     id=01
>     level=52/100
> }
>
> It seems as though this is something that happens as the device is
> created as it happens straight away.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian D

Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
> Sent: 03 August 2007 19:46
> To: Ian
> Subject: Re: [xAP_developer] More homeseer level issues.
>
> Hi Ian,
>
> You mean the value displayed in the status column Ian ?
>
> This value is calculated and updated by the returned .event message
from

> your endpoint - could you post an example of the xAPBSC.cmd message
that

> HS sends when you click the % setting and also the resulting
> xAPBSC.event message from your device .
>
> What resolution is your device - ie how many discreet steps of
> brightness ? Setting a 16 level device to say 60% could never work for
> example..
>
> 9/16 = 56.25%
> 10/16 = 62.5 %
>
> Kevin
>
> Ian Davidson wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>

>> As I have mention the missing messages and old values problem is
fixed

>> and xap messages appear every time now.
>>
>> One strange thing remaining is when setting the level on the
status
>> screen most of the values are slightly out like this:
>>
>> Changed to Goes to
>>
>> 0 0
>>
>> 10 10
>>
>> 20 19
>>
>> 30 29
>>
>> 40 39
>>
>> 50 52
>>
>> 60 61
>>
>> 70 71
>>
>> 80 81
>>
>> 90 90
>>
>> 100 100
>>
>> Now I know it is only slightly out and a couple of percent of
>> brightness wouldn't make a difference, however I am using the BSC
>> level value on different channels to perform different functions.
One