Re: xAP Schema Questions

  • Subject: Re: xAP Schema Questions
  • From: "harley0922" <rfoxjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 11:37:12 -0000

Thanks for your response.

I seem to recall seeing the Audio & Media Control schema posted on
the xAPAutomation site, but it no longer shows up.  I have seen the
one posted in the files section of this site, however it does not
seem to be as complete as the one I saw on the xAPAutomation site.
Is there a copy running around someone can post to here or fix the
the xAPAutomation site?

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
wrote:
> That will be very nice, I look forward to that,
>
>     Adding a source name to the subaddress part of the application
> address is ideal. It cleanly shows that you have one application
serving
> several endpoints (each zone).  Yes you will have to create a
unique UID
> for each zone but only differing in the last two digits for example
>
> UID=FF222200 could be your whole application and is where you
should
> orginate heartbeats from
> UID=FF222201 could be the first zone eg
> source=slyfox.jrmc.<servername>:LivingRoom
> UID=FF222202 could be the second zone eg
> source=slyfox.jrmc.<servername>:BedRoom
>
> Target=slyfox.jrms.<servername>:* would address all your zones
as
one
> Target=slyfox.jrms.<servername> would address the main
application
> Target=slyfox.jrms.<servername>:> would address everything
>
> Sneak preview... Please in your code make allowances for UID's to
be of
> varying lengths in xAP (and therefore to be able later in your code
> insert delimiters).  In the next release of the xAP spec we are
likley
> to increase the length of the UID and probably add delimiters
between
> the various components   eg UID=FF.2222:01   where each component
part
> can now be of an increased length. The last component part
(currently at
> 2 digits for the sub address ) is where we are hitting restrictions
> currently and is where people need more address space.   THIS IS
NOT
> CONFIRMED AS THE FINAL AGREED SPEC YET but it is likley to be of
this
> style.  Hubs will need to be modified to support the new format BTW.
>
> Kevin
>

> harley0922 wrote:
>
> >I am working on a xAP Connector for J River's Media Center(JRMC)
and