Re: Display JPEGs on your Tivo from ANYWHERE

There's another one that Stuart used for his MCE application - that
supports image files already - I'm just in a bit of a rush at the moment
but I'll try and post an example later - if Stuart hasn't jumped in with
the info.

See http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=16

I am not sure the schema is documented fully yet but there are some
example xAP message files in one of the related apps....  Getting the
text embedded into the jpeg is neat

Kevin

Sullivan, Glenn wrote:

>Thanks Kevin.
>
>Do you mean the display.tivo section of this schema?
>http://tinyurl.com/dx8ct
>
>Or is there another one?
>
>Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I MCDBA
>David Clark Company Inc.
Behalf Of Kevin Hawkins
>Sent: Thursday, October 13, 2005 11:19 AM
>To: xAP_developer@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [xAP_developer] Display JPEGs on your Tivo from ANYWHERE
>
>Really nice Glenn,
>
>    A little xAP application that picked up OSD messages and picture
>paths/urls - and displayed them at an X,Y position would be really
>useful - perhpas using a schema derived from Stuarts display one for
his
>MCE 2005 xAP plugin...  if that ran natively on the Tivo - even better
>... anyone ??
>
>Kevin
>
>rather like Sullivan, Glenn wrote:
>

>>I have written a TivoWebPlus module that can display a remote image
on
>>your Series 1 Tivo's screen.  I see it as a replacement/supplement
>>YAC on the Tivo, and currently have it working for CID and New
Email in

>>my house.
>>
>>It is really a wrapper around JPEGWriter, originally by Jake, and
>>enhanced by Graham Cobb.
>>
>>There is also a DLL that encapsulates the post functions of the
TivoWeb

>>page, to easily allow developers to remotely display JPEGs on their
>>tivos programmatically, and a "Test Bed" app that
showcases the