Re: Display JPEGs on your Tivo from ANYWHERE

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:18:15 +0100, Kevin Hawkins
<lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>There's another one that Stuart used for his MCE application - that
>supports image files already - I'm just in a bit of a rush at the
moment
>but I'll try and post an example later - if Stuart hasn't jumped in
with
>the info.
>
>See http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=16
>
>I am not sure the schema is documented fully yet but there are some
>example xAP message files in one of the related apps....

My schema docs are a bit untidy now. They have drifted a little. But
here is what SlimServerConnector and MCxAP 'talk'...

An example first:

xap-header
{
v=12
Hop=1
UID=FF123400
Class=Message.Display
Source=KCSoft.Send.Anya
}
Display.Text
{
Line1=Incoming Voice Call
Line2=Stuart Booth is calling from 01234-567890
Duration=15
}
Display.Look
{
Image=\\server\temp\MCxAP\Samples Images\me.jpg
Modal=Yes
}
Display.Buttons
{
Button1=OK
}

And the schema text.

xAP Schema for On-Screen Display
Class=Message.Display
Display.Text
--- mandatory section
{
Line1=(text to display)
--- mandatory
Line2=(text to display)
--- optional
Line3=(text to display)
--- optional
Line4=(text to display)
--- optional
Line5=(text to display)
--- optional
LineX=(text to display)
--- optional and repeatable where X is a sequential number
Priority=(1 to 9, 9 being lowest)
--- mandatory
Duration=(seconds to display)
--- optional
Type=[Queue  Immediate  Permanent]
--- optional (Queue assumed, Permanent causes Duration to be ignored)
}

Display.Look
--- optional section
{
Align=[Left  Centre  Right]
--- optional (Alignment of text inside the text box)

Image=(path or URL to image file to display)
--- optional
Modal=[Yes  No]
--- optional (ignored if not supported by the display device)
Brightness=(0 - 100)
--- optional (0 == off/dark, 100 == on/brightest, varying degrees
inbetween)
Size=(0 - 100)
--- optional (0 == off, 100 == normal size, 200 == double size)
}
Display.Buttons
--- optional section
{
Button1=(button text to display)
--- optional
Button2=(button text to display)
--- optional
:
ButtonX=(button text to display)
--- optional and repeatable where X is a sequential number
}

For display message queue control the following block can be used:

Queue.Clear
--- optional section
{
Clear=[All  Above  EqualOrAbove  Below  EqualOrBelow  Matching]
--- mandatory
Priority=(message priority: 0-255 (0 == None, 1 == High, 255 == Lowest)
--- optional (determined by sending device configuration)
}

Class=Message.Display[.Info  .Event]
When a display button is selected, a response is sent, targetted back
at the original message sender:

Display.Response
{
Button=<button text selected>
--- mandatory (this value may be TimedOut if no response was selected
before the popup message duration expired)
}

Class=Display.Locate
Used for another app to locate a display application

Locate
{
}

Class=Display.Service
Response to a Display.Locate request
This should normally be targetted back to the application that sent
the Display.Locate

Display
{
Lines=(Number of supported lines on the display, if missing unlimited is
assumed)
--- optional
Priority=[yes/no]
--- optional (Does the display support priorities, if missing no is
assumed)
Time=[yes/no]
--- optional (Does the display support asignable message durations, if
missing no is assumed)
Align=[yes/no]
--- optional (Does the display support alignment, if missing no is assumed)
Length=(The maximum length in characters that the display can display per
line, if missing unlimited is assumed)
--- optional
Image=[Yes  No]
--- optional (Does the display allow an image with the display? Def==No)
Buttons=[Yes  No]
--- optional (Does the display support buttons/responses being sent?
(If missing, No is assumed - used for dialog displays)
Modal=[Yes  No]
--- optional (Does the display support modal display messages? If missing,
No is assumed)
Queue=[Yes  No]
--- optional (Does the display support message queueing? If missing, No is
assumed)
Brightness=[Yes  No]
--- optional (Does the display support varying brightness display levels?
If missing, No is assumed)
Size=[Yes  No]
--- optional (Does the display support variable height text? If missing, no
is assumed)
}
--
Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/