Re: TelCanto V1.1.3

The UID can be effectively likened to a 'hex' shortform of the source
address so both are actually (required to be) unique on a network.
Usually this is left to the network installer /user to setup the
addresses accordingly , later there may be a install/configure option to
automate this. FTTB I would allow the user to configure the 'instance'
part of the address to be whatever they choose and to set the middle 4
characters of the UID too.

Kevin

www.telcanto.com/assets/download/telcantosetup-1.1.3.exe.
>     This
>     >     > includes further xAP support:
>     >     >
>     >     Couple of comments M..
>     >
>     >     Is there a place to configure the xAP UID  - the ABCD
needs
>     to be
>     >     unique
>     >     on the network for each TelCanto server?
>     >
>     >
>     > It's currently hardwired as TelGen.TelCanto.hostname, which
>     should be
>     > unique except that it doesn't cater for multiple server
>     instances so
>     > perhaps should have a suffix .0, .1, .2 etc.  What's the
general
>     > approach taken to this?  Obviously it would be possible to
make it
>     > user-specifiable if required.
>

>     Malcolm,
>
>     "TelGen.TelCanto.hostname" looks like a SOURCE to me.
>
>     A UID looks like "FFABCD00" (where the first two should
be FF, the
>     last
>     two should be 00 unless the application has multiple
"internal