Re: TelCanto V1.1.3

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 20:17:14 +0000, Kevin Hawkins
<lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>FTTB I would allow the user to configure the 'instance'
>part of the address to be whatever they choose and to set the middle 4
>characters of the UID too.

And to perhaps complete my previous answer, I just noticed after
reading Kevin's email above that the instance value of the address in
the earlier sample was 'hostname'. This first suggests that TelCanto
is just letting xFx assign an instance value, is that right Malcolm?
IIRC that's what xFx will do in absence of any other information.

If so, I'm not sure if you've come across this setting in the
app.config file?

<appSettings>
<!-- Configures a header source value with this Instance if not
otherwise supplied in the code -->
<!-- Note that the Instance value can include subinstances and
subaddresses to any required depth -->
<add key="xAPHeaderSourceInstance" value =
"Instance" />
:

That'll allow you to override the default chosen hostname value.

However, since you mention multiple server instances, I'm thinking you
may just manually assign the instance value in your code. So all this
may not be relevant. Sorry, not sure here how you use xFx for TelCanto
so I'm guessing!

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/