[Fwd: Re: TelCanto V1.1.3]

  • Subject: [Fwd: Re: TelCanto V1.1.3]
  • From: Kevin Hawkins <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:14:05 +0000

Hi Malcolm,

Geat stuff...

I have almost finished an updated xAP conduit for WinAMP ( I know
its already supported via TelCanto) but it will be interesting to see
how this works as a xAP player from TelCanto. I was waiting to see
samples of the actual schema you settled on and will support them.  I'll
send you a beta shortly. Initially it handles a single WinAMP instance
anywhere on your network but it is architected to support mutiple
instances even on the same PC so easy to add zoned support (although not
synched).

I am interested in the UPnP stuff - actually through your feedback
as you got me reading all the UPnP info (which is very enlightening), so
if I need any extra tips here to use TelCanto as a renderer let me
know.  TelCanto should make an awesome UPnP server.   I haven't read all
the UPnP stuff yet. Is there a facility within a UPnP audio server to
return a list of matches against a selection criteria - or is that
another UPnP service that can be embedded in say the server ?  I have
noticed that the number of tracks returned from my existing UPnP server
is too many for some of the hardware players I have (HomePod / MP101)  -
causing really slow response and impossible artist / album / track
selection. But I suspect that maybe just a poor implementation on the
renderer.

Kevin