For beginners: xAP Components?

  • Subject: For beginners: xAP Components?
  • From: "davepow16" <Davepow16@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:20:20 -0000

I am a little confused as to how I should implement xAP in my
application.  I keep reading about the hub application and I am
thinking that it would be a required part of any xAP setup.  Then I
read about how My application can act as a hub and automatically
switch the hub feature off if another hub exist.

I guess what I am looking for is some type of picture/graphic or block
diagram that demonstrates how My Software can allow another software
the ability to control a Z-wave network by sending my software xAP
messages and the other software receiving message back when
appropriet.

It would seem to me like the HA software such as Charmed Quark or
HomeSeer which is the "Other" software would be the best hub and
"My
Software" would make for the best client.  This way the HA software
could integrate other xAP compatible software applications.