Re: Re: BCS and X10 Question

> Very relevant as I'm in the middle of an xAP->DMX plug-in for xFx
> using BSC. There an xAP address and/or ID has to be translated into a
> DMX channel.

Is that using the Milford Instrument board ??

> I know that there is an awareness that 255 ID's isn't sufficient (a
> single universe can have 512 channels) but in any event addressing
> individual channels isn't friendly.

Yes we have long said that a new UID format is 'in the wings' where the
255 limit will be replaced by either a significantly larger limit or
perhaps no limit at all...
> The approach I've taken is to map
> subaddress.subsubaddress (and I'm sure that's not the right
> terminology but octet isn't right either!) to a channel. So
> mmwave.dmx512.system:lounge.tablelamp1 might be DMX channel 324/ID=10.
> Sending a BSC with ID=* and target mmwave.dmx512.system:lounge.>
with
> a state=off would turn all the lounge lights off.

That's a a sensible use of the sub adressing hierarchy.
> Right now all of the configuration is coded in an XML file (AMS)
> without a means of 'over the wire' change, albeit not something
> you're going to do often but I'll add a specific schema for that and
> scenes.

Yes, having the endpoint mappings configurable and recoverable from a
device lends itself to some portability across connectors in a different
way...
> BTW. Celsius doesn't have a degrees.......

Oh..really.... interesting - (and I am assume Centigrade and Celsius and
probably Kelvin ?? are the same in this respect) you learn something
every day...  K