Re: xAP Asterisk question

  • Subject: Re: xAP Asterisk question
  • From: "Andrew" <andrew_nh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:46:25 -0000

I think that Asterisk is one of the greatest pieces of software for
home automation. You can make very complex IVR menus easily. It
allows implementation of the all the feature of the most
sophisticated home automation systems and it's free!

Setting up an Asterisk box can be a bit daunting especially if you
are not familiar with Linux. I have made a single CD that installs
Linux and Asterisk all together. All you do is put this CD is an old
pc, boot it up, and press enter. One half hour later you have a fully
functional Asterisk system taking calls!

If anybody has a place I could post the ISO of this CD for download I
would be happy to upload it. It's about 500mb.

Stuart, could I put the Asterisk CD ISO on the xAP site?  Or is this
too large/outside the scope of the sites content?

-Andrew

--- In xAP_developer@xxxxxxx, "Stuart Poulton"
<stuart.poulton@a...> wrote:
> > Hopefully he'll post back to you here but also try dropping him a
direct
> > email using the email address on his posts within this list. He
also
> > mentioned to me that he has sent files to interested parties
directly
> > for this - is there any chance of posting them somewhere P as
there is a
> > lot of interest here and it looks like we should promote the
Asterisk
> > xAP linkage as a key application ?  Even I would like a go at
setting
> > Asterisk up. I am sure one of us here has some web space for you
to put
> > the files on ... a  full mirror of your site might be beneficial
too ;-)

> We've got plenty of space on the main xAP site ........ we've
looked at
> providing mirroring in the past but it never got off the ground.
Again