Re: RE: Slim Conduit Feature request vs. GUI Plugin bits feat. MC Booth and the plugin boys

  • Subject: Re: RE: Slim Conduit Feature request vs. GUI Plugin bits feat. MC Booth and the plugin boys
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:37:00 +0000

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 20:13:28 +0100, "Edward Pearson"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=d_AK9wgZdzhRROoquAsZdAVlnTXZkGnfy01sWSNpB8O5EpITmEA2UsI29QYaAAO7ArYvI-KffFeKbuorLtu6C6X6BymHGzKtzeY">edward.mailgroup@b...</a>>
wrote:

>Very swish! All based on FileSystemWather I assume.

Yes and no. I had that feature on a different class but I've not
ported it across to the one I'm now using quite yet. That's the idea
though! I do have it down as a ToDo list item but sadly not written
anywhere in the code as it turns out.

>Just mention the framework classes involved and I can go and have a
snoop
>around...

Go have a look at xAPPluginEntry.Initialise() in the xAPUtilities
project. If you've got the right source, right at the end of this
function it sets up to monitor changes to the heartbeat values such as
source address, UID and Interval. This is all dealt with in the event
handler, xAPPluginEntry.ProfileChangedHandler(...)

It then updates the heartbeat pump for the plugin module. So all I
have to do in the UI is detect a change to a setting (eg. on the
toolbar or in the Properties form), save it to the config file, and
the rest falls out in the wash without me having to do anything
further.

The SlimServerConnector uses the same mechanism to monitor any
interest settings in its Properties form.

There is a fair bit of plumbing around the configuration file system
that you may be interested in, or not. Have a look at the
xAPConfigFile and xAPConfig classes in the xAPMessage project.

I'll document all of this in a few new HowTo's shortly. Just shout if
you starting furrowing your forehead too frequently!

MC "Stub"
--
Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=5E01zdWGg8BSahDoELOwaGQFskxrfH0AjoVP4MOjbMS1RyB0jR1S7waPGPEE_QqBB1JmkRIGfroA7syfGx0">stuart@x...</a>>