Re: xFx GUI Plugin bits

  • Subject: Re: xFx GUI Plugin bits
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:53:00 +0000

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 14:14:29 -0800, "Michael McSharry"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=bYl0enbLhFddHl-tgtHiiFuZRALtJlJOUU3u-hFt3Y3uuI5CIPP28nBBmAE7xA0fzReUgA1s7bhFoD5RTZ3epf62cQ">mcs101main@w...</a>>
wrote:

>The third is to get my feet wet with .NET and this looks like a good
place to
start. I'm currently been solely VB6. Suggestions on where to start and
source
of simple examples would be nice.

--

I started out with a book by Andrew Troelson. "C# and the .NET
Platform":

But this was because of a C++ background that meant moving on to C#
seemed logical. I've never bothered with VB or VB.NET other than small
little things every now and then so can't suggest much from that point
of view.

The book above was a really excellent first read I found. I haven't
ever looked for tutorial sites so can't suggest anything there either
I'm afraid.

Oh, I do note that the same author has a VB.NET version of the same
book:

It appears as though the C# reached a 2nd edition and may have more in
it now.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=-erlNs8DXQM05sattT5fsWeHLBl6IJNSaSwcvL8Y1leqX4SI5a5yTp9_pCJVz-1MQqZgV_u_Cye09HBbbi0Xm5A">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net