RE: X10 xAP Framework plugin - beta testing

  • Subject: RE: X10 xAP Framework plugin - beta testing
  • From: Kevin Hawkins
  • Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 19:35:00 +0000

href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=ykLDLceZYeoo-XbffrXPqo65akT_8qY1sylvXakZhPGzgme-KlEPcIt-thCwEuunVQuwEczhC2Njj7kXAPEO8pOaFUNhq8iMJGdb">edward.mailgroup@b...</a>]
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=4_HPxO8-8DXu3b9qktmrW0TBlc3yIK2_GVYlTO2J2KKt7ddEVzBGdJVZwvfAGpRl6zIvOQzg4JJlqn4t2FaM9Zhva4y_RKGU">xAP_developer@xxxxxxx</a>
> Subject: [xAP_developer] X10 xAP Framework plugin - beta testing
>
> Thanks for the prompt volunteers!
>
> A few questions first to ensure I've got requirements sorted:
>
> 1) what xAP schema would you need implementing? Right now
> the connector implements a slightly enhanced version of
> Patrick's schema (I think it's backwards compatible) -
> will that work for you?

That's a good starting point for me...

> 2) do you have any modules that use extended commands?
> I've written the framework to support this but, given the
> conflicting and unclear X10 specifications I have, I've no
> confidence that it will fly. If you have real-life
> extended command modules (eg, LD10/11) then I'd love to
> see their specs so I can at least check the code by sight.

I do have some LD11's and also the RCS X10 thermostat that uses extended
X10
- but HV takes care of that control.

> 3) do you have addressing constraints? I mean do you care
> what target address the adaptor has (no the most flexible
> part of the implementation currently) - if so, I could
> wire that in.

Do you mean source address - if so I don't care currently really.

PS I understand this is a xAP Framework first for you - was it written in
VB.Net and if so are you intending to release source ? - I am tempted to
look at recoding my Meteor connector this way rather than using the OCX.