Re: xFx How-To #2: creating a simple xFx plugin

  • Subject: Re: xFx How-To #2: creating a simple xFx plugin
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2004 18:01:00 +0000

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:25:27 -0000, "Edward Pearson"
<<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=GlvBKiXWWvwplIAhOnV5SzCtcoCcC7frznH_rySA_cACq8b4jy3jE605FabKlrkIQrMuOaKlcoSz_BKDvuTADOvewIvsSGbU">edward.mailgroup@b...</a>>
wrote:

>3) can you please reveal the identity of the "few extra lines of
code"
>needed to get around the "slight buglet in the GUI plugin
runtime" - you
>tease.

Try getting the latest and greatest files now. I've updated everything
I think you need.

In fact, I've written a detailed HowTo with pretty pictures detailing
all the steps necessary to get that simple plugin example operational.
This article links to everything you need, but I'll summarise below
anyway.

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=10";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Sections&amp;op=viewarticle&amp;artid=10</a>>

Erm, note that you will need to update your xFx build as the fix for
this actually touched a couple of files within xFx itself. I've
uploaded v1.2.9.4 here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=1</a>>

Next you'll need to get the runtime sources from here:

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=31";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=31\
</a>>

Let me know what's badly explained, incorrect, or incomplete. There is
a whole series of articles possible from this but I'll only write them
as I get asked questions, since documentation isn't my favourite
pastime in the world.

Have fun!

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xAP_developer/post?postID=ziqbdghnoe5UeyartiVSUXnMLwoeOI6gMh3ribYu_xwFFMUFIR1XF4CsSCw2rRViQsGko5V_WzdpMkL4mSC9GXE">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net