Re: Viewer port validation with ephemeral range

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:24:36 +0100, "Patrick Lidstone \(Personal
e-mail\)" <patrick@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>There was an intermediate release of the OCX which got the
>ephemeral ports wrong - but only Kevin had a copy of this, perhaps
>he has picked the wrong version up by mistake here? The
>current version (1.7) works OK. (If you actually do string->number
>conversion in xFx then it could be that you are assuming a short int?)

I think the message appears to be coming in with a parameter
"Port=-32768" and as it's less than 0, xFx throws it out as
invalid. I
don't think the xAP message should have a -ve number in it. I'll have
to check later to see if it's me converting it wrong but I don't think
so since xFx uses port numbers up way high nowadays.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/